24.11.12

Test Tubes 1 & 2

I initially wanted the edges of the test tube packaging to be rounded to follow the shape of the tubes, however after attempting to cut a few out I realised that firstly they didn't fit with the grids used on the rest of the project but it also compromised the quality of the designs as cutting circles was near impossible. I have kept the inside circle still but changed the outside of the design so that they sit flush alongside one another.

The designs also have a little measuring tool on the inside indicating a tea spoon and table spoon to hopefully take some of the mess out of the cooking process.

Another addition to the designs was the patterns used in the periodic table indicating the taste of each spice, adding to the italics / and regular type used to indicate whether its a herb or spice. This will be explaining in a key in the guide to spices on the back of the periodic table.
 -
I am not going to add any particularly great images until I do a proper photo-shoot of this project as I feel its the most successful and building up suspense / interest seems like a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment