24.11.12

Spice Re-Work

I wanted to achieve more of a correlation between the app, table and packaging. The packaging in particular seemed like a separate project to the periodic table and app. I applied a similar design to the app and the re-working on the table to create the new packaging designs. I also used some of the patterns in illustrator to code each 'taste' of spice. I dragged the files out of the swatches pallet allowing me to edit them and make them more personal to my work.
-
My initial tests were done using the cross hair grid to fit together the two deliverable's, randomized with the names in different places with a brief description of either the origin of the spice or what it can be cooked with. After cutting out a range of these I felt the randomness didn't work and considering how they would be displayed meant that they wouldn't work as individual products.
-
I also added some more content to the back of the designs to make the most of the format and space that the net provided me with. Each design now has a short story about the spice, whether it be the origins of its name, each reflects the traditions of the spice - which was reflected through the design and layout to work alongside the modernized packaging on the front.
-
The exact re-working / wording of this is something I will do when I print out the designs without the randomised text on the front.
A recipe is also included on the back for each spice meaning people have at least some guideline of how to use the spice - these will be continued on the back of the periodic table poster / hot dog fold book. This was interesting to work with as I had to condense each recipe to fit onto a small area taking out many of the words but maintaining a logical description of the cooking.
-
Also because of the format the recipies can be stood up when cooking to make following / reading them easier! Realised this when Yaf was talking about my work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment