8.11.12

Digital Development

I decided to put the type into illustrator slightly prematurely ready for the crit so I wasn't just turning up with scrap bits of paper. It has also allowed me to explore a larger range of possibilities within the form of the typeface.
-
The first document shows my reworked typeface. It also shows how I constructed the shapes from my initial sketches. The widths are kept the same to simplify the typeface and similar theories to that of Paul Renner have been applied, using simple geometric shapes and forms to develop the letterforms.
-
The second shows my initial typeface and how I applied it into sentences before the crit to achieve as much feedback as possible. I got relatively positive feedback but I felt some of the letters need some major redevelopments. Finally I am going to make this a week brief so that it doesn't affect the progress of my other briefs, seeing as I only started it to get to grips with the process of typeface design.


No comments:

Post a Comment