17.10.12

Book Shop Ideas

After talking with Phil last week I had a realisation that my book brief needed to exploit gaps in the market and needed to be more than just a bookshop identity! I had a bit of a brain wave last night when thinking about what I wanted to do after uni and the word Interdisciplinary really stuck with me. When I finish the course collaborating with other professionals will be key in my success and progress as a designer. My new idea has stemmed from this thought process...

I still want to focus on identity but for a bookshop that crosses the boundaries between the creative subjects. A place where creative's can discuss ideas and knowledge about their specialities. Its about creating an education circle where the industries seamlessly connect and interact with one another. This same theory would be applied to the layout and design of the shop, for example the books would integrate appropriate literature with other practices.

The concept shop would host talks on each subject with room for integration and interaction between the subjects...

I need to define what creative subjects the bookshop will cover and decide how this will affect the identity and more important I need to work on a name so I can start creating the identity.

These are some of the trigger words that I have been considering, all of them surround the principle of coming together and collaboration...
-
Coaction / Collusion / Network / Collaborate / Integrate / Merge / Coalesce / 

To coalesce is to become one...


No comments:

Post a Comment