6.12.12

Unit Flyers

Really struggling with this brief, I have a fair amount of work for it but I am just struggling to export it into the form of branding. I have spent so much time dithering around different ideas I am now going to focus my efforts on making a simple and effective outcome that isn't trying to be too conceptual, just something that is aimed directly at a creative audience. Although I really like the type work I don't think its particularly fitting and I still need to do a competition brief so I will push this to the back for the moment.
-
These designs explore a range of different ideas all surrounding the concept of playing with the format of books. Although I don't think I will be taking any of these ideas any furthur some of the colour schemes create some interesting imagery.
-
I recieved some feedback from Phil regarding the bookshop brief to see if I could gain a bit more direction and produce something in time for the deadline. His main points were as follows...
- Find unique angle to hinge and hand ideas and meaning
- Whats the bookshops end goal
- Who's it for
- Keep it simple and effective!
- Design for purpose

After sitting down and having a real think about this I have decided to revert to my original idea of the patterns and textures to produce a purely print based range of deliverables for the bookshop. The identity was aesthetically simple with a subtle connotations of 'networks' and integration... all things that I wanted to communicate in my original progress with the brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment