8.11.12

Unit Logo Ideas

After realising I have done minimal blog posts about my initial thoughts and ideas surrounding the logo for my bookshop I decided to do one big post about all the possibilities to explore.

I have decided to stick with a simple text logo that I may do some editing towards to make it more unique to the concept bookshop. They typeface is Avenir Lt 85 Heavy, I think it is soft and will allow the circle icon of the brand identity to speak for its self. Also after many tried and failed logo attempts I don't want to hold myself back with such a small part of the identity.

Top Left (work in progress) - Not conceptual!
but I could encorporate the pattern into the sections of the letters and develop this idea.
-
Right - Creating a system of information units and apply to branding with images of books and labels of how many units of information are inside.
-
Middle left - Simple measurement tool to represent the denotation of the word unit!
-
Bottom right/s - making the text into one whole unit.

The second concept was to use the scanner to distort the text as it were a book being opened. Hard to get enough distortion but I like this concept. I will gather some opinions during the next crit to see if its something I could progress with!

No comments:

Post a Comment