4.11.12

Periodic Table Progress

This is my current progress with the periodic table, the contents is now finished but I need to work out my brand direction, to apply to the packaging etc. I have been experimenting with colour / layout of the ingredients and suggestions for each spice mixture. I also feel like the project needs something more, the spices need more of a guide towards their uses. I will start experimenting with a few ideas through design sheets and blog my progress in another post.
-
For the different tables I have been playing with single tints keeping colour to a minimal, this will be applied across to my spice packaging to avoid clashing with the natural colours of the spices.
-
The orange colour scheme has the most relevance to the product given the warm and earthy nature of spices! I could reflect each flavour of spice through colour - i.e. Hot would be red, tangy green but this may cause some visual confusion and collation between each flavour. Something I will have to explore practically...
-
I decided to differentiate between spice and herbs with italic and regular type as the sanserif caused too much confusion on the page and ruined the aesthetic and didn't feel appropriate to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment