12.11.12

Grids Re-worked

Working on the same simple grid based around the letter forms these grids are far more successful allowing more freedom within the designs. I want to make some however that are more flexible in relation to the width of the letter forms. The interaction between the different height points is easy enough to expand and develop but the width is very limited without making hideous letter forms which may put designers off exploring the grids to their full potential.
-
I have completed more hand drawn tests on the type but I will do some final re-workings of these grids and see where it takes me. I also need to consider the web presence of this project and other methods of distributing it to designers.
-
Each grid is based on a specific letter from the chosen typeface and results in different x heights and cap heights. I decided against making the angled lines extend through the entire grid as the smaller points maintain a focus and slightly more obvious forms within the grids. All again based on small grid that can duplicated and linked together.

No comments:

Post a Comment