8.11.12

Grid Progress / Tests

I printed out some of the grids that I created from the principles of typographer Paul Renner, and created different type forms.
-
The grids work to an extent and the simple square shape can be repeated easily. I am considering creating a range of different grids in this section so people can really start to get creative.
-
I was also playing with the layout and scale using large A3 print outs but A4 seems more practical as they can be carried in ordinary bags. Also as they are items people use they shouldn't feel to precious as this may take away from their function.

There is also some images in the document below of the Erik Speakermann grids. The idea for these grids is inspired by my research into his techniques making typefaces. He studies and draws a typeface and then re-draws it the following day from memory in turn creating new forms. One page features a selection of the typefaces that Speakermann has designed. In the second section I have left the grids as open as possible so they don't determine the shapes of the letterforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment