23.10.12

Periodic table of Spices

Made some significant progress with my periodic table of spices, I managed to keep the format of the table relaively similar to that or the original. I have catagorised each spice and herb by taste and represented spices with a serif typeface (Goudy Old Style) and herbs with serif (Avenir). Each spice taste is a different opacity (while I decide if I want to use colour) which makes it easier to differentiate between them.


-
The final table wont have any taste labels under each spice, as the arrangement of the table will explain this anyway, it will simply be a code for the spice and its name in a smaller point size underneath.
-
There are also some experiments with the styles of table and how I have started to consider colour, again this will be an ongoing process and may change depending on the crit feedback.
-
My main objective now is to finish the typeface so I can rework the table design & start the packaging.
-
I may apply the grid system to the digital outcomes for this brief...


No comments:

Post a Comment