7.12.12

Image Work

While working on the book layout I decided it would be a better idea to get all the images together and changed to the right dpi so I don't lose any quality when working in InDesign. These images were taken from a trip I took earlier on in the year to the London Transport museum. Full off beautiful typography, it turned out to be a really useful bit of research. It also shows the progression of the Undergrounds identity since the introduction of the typeface in 1916.
-
The photos are extremely low quality purely because I wanted to show the scope of typography within the museum. Definitely worth a visit for any one with an interest in type!

I mapped out flat edges to get the image into a perfect square and used the distort tool to achieve the straightest edges possible.
-
Most of the design in the museum is beautiful as well, because of printing methods at the time colour schemes are kept very minimal and produce some stunning results.
I initially tried cropping down the edges just leaving a white border but it was far more effective when left with the paper border from the image.
-
I have kept the images black and white so the type in the book gets the most attention as the images are there solely as sources and research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment