31.1.12

Storyboards

After reconsidering my storyboarding approach and simplifying them down to basic shapes and lines. Allows me to generate a greater variety of ideas and development. Got a much better idea of how my title sequence will look and got some stronger ideas for the idents - mainly focusing on extracting elements from the title sequence.

Title Sequence Idea - Focusing on the synchronisation between sound and visuals, this title sequence consists of the previous experiments grouped together into a title sequence and the more 4 branding appearing through a mask at the end.


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ident ideas, would have made a PDF for issue but having these large images is much more effective to reflect back on / follow for my After Effects development.

Storyboard 1 - The rolling bridge idea could work but I need to draw some illustrations first and see how the tested video comes out, it could also be used with a mask for my title sequence.
Storyboard 2 - Really keen on exploring the use of colour over the images but I don't want to negotiate the context with unnecessary colours.
Storyboard 3 - Really simple idea again following the form follows function basis for my ideas, bottom row of frames was my different type layout ideas. These need to stay consistent with the channels branding but maintain some level of the programmes own identity.
Storyboard 5 - Really simple idea just slowly have the simple bridge vector (earlier posts) rotating from a huge scale into the full image, with the type rotating as a child layer to the bridge vector.




>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

These storyboards again using the new More 4 branding but trying to merge it into the programming ident into my own. I explored using my own B logo to fit with the More 4 logo built up of triangles but I think that cheapened the value of my pitched programme. Also continued my exploration of colour and trying to create a variety of designs but I don't think any of these ideas are clean enough for the current branding. I will continue to storyboard with the grey, simpler idents / title sequence ideas and re-visit these if it is appropriate.



No comments:

Post a Comment