1.12.12

Spice Finishing

Wasn't happy with a lot of things on the table and needed to design it so that it was ready to print out Monday morning / ready to for my studio space in the photography department on Tuesday. I have organised the files once again making it easier for me to make any necessary changes to the table / layers.

The second alteration was changing the grid slightly so the squares were 20 x 14 meaning the folds of the hot dog book would fit down the existing lines and wouldn't cause any unnecessary visual confusion.
-
It will also mean the grid will be the same on the back and front of the poster, so that I can fit my type / layout work into the grid on the back.


I then proceeded to make one last mock up labelling each page and where it will sit in relation to the back of the periodic table. I also decided what information was going to go on each page. I initially wanted to include recipes but after some deliberation I decided to explain more about the project and about spices in general.
-
Also as there was only space for a few recipes it felt like a waste of valuable space, for something that would work far better on the app.
 I then printed the design to test how the grid would fold, and how the back and front interacted with one another. Worked well, just need to digitalise all the information for the booklet side of the design and get it ready to print Monday morning.
I have got the page numbers drawn up on the computer to keep myself organised and meaning I don't have to keep hold of all the scrap bits of paper that are handing about in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment