14.11.12

The Anatomy of a Typeface

I have been researching the key terms and styles of typefaces to organise and systematically order and work through my book. These breakdowns of the different parts of letters / baseline etc will be featured in the book. I have used the same colour scheme as the grids in the book to maintain some visual consistency.
-
My only worry is that this might limit the users creativity when using the grids. I do however feel its important to show what has influenced the grids and have some educational input to get people started. Also as this wont be featured in the smaller sketchbooks it can easily be ignored by the user.
-
Most of the information was taken from 'thinking with type' a resource of growing significance in this brief. The image is a screen shot of a simple explanation of the classification of typefaces again taken from thinking with type but I added black letter to explain one of my grids.



No comments:

Post a Comment