6.11.12

Spice Rack

I feel like the project needs something to really make the most of my time left, so I decided today to make a quick spice rack in wood work to see what other formats I could explore. It is a very minimal design made out of a lovely bit hardwood that was going to be thrown out.


Really simple design but the holes are a tiny bit too large meaning the test tubes don't stay perfectly in the same position unless its on a slant. I will re-work this tomorrow too see how I can resolve this issue...
-
I did it using the pillar drill and a 16mm drill bit with pre marked X's for where the drill should go in. A fun and interesting process, especially as I plan on making a wooden award for the typeface sketchbooks brief.
I like the idea of integrating the packaging designs on the test tubes into the spice rack. Making a slit that the tags on the tubes could fit into might be a nice idea, something I would have to discuss with the people woodwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment