16.11.12

Sans Grids

I want something at the end of the book that has little to no limitations to what people can do with grids. I have made these ruled lines simply using the x height, cap height, baseline and descender lines to give people a rough guide to work with. This also educates people on how these factors can influence their typeface design and creates consistency. Initially I had the ascender height as well but they were so small I will leave this as something the user can decide.

The typefaces from the top down are Helvetica, Kabel, Johnston Sans, Gill Sans, GT walsheim and finally futura Medium.
-
These typefaces all have relevance in the progression of sans serif typefaces as well as one being the typeface that I used for the book.
-
(Also the first typeface I have ever bought!)
-
The grid is not particularly interesting but I think due to its educational value its a nice resource to finish the book on.
-
I have nearly finished the book, haven't quite met my Friday deadline but I am confident that I will have it ready to print Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment