21.11.12

D.I.Y Typography

A few amendments to the project in including the name, 'Typeface grids' just seemed to bland and given my creative audience D.I.Y Typography seemed more playful and approachable. This is the finished book exactly 150 pages, 14 different grids all printed at a range of scales, currently uploading to blurb and should be arriving in the next few weeks (hopefully before deadline). This means I can crack on with making the smaller books that people draw in to go alongside the book. I also want to make a book of type samples created using the grids but as people are busy this might end up being something to add to the project after Christmas.

The cover is simply a reference to the grids inside using a contemporary form of Roman Numerals as a reference to the grids. Seemed like a nice idea using lower case i's and I asked a few people what they thought they were without telling them and Roman Numerals was the common answer. I will do an extended blog post about all the little changes and variations that I made along the way. Also this took far more time that it needed to (after realising how to actually make publications through sessions with Mike)

Things left to do!
- Clean up and add all the grids to disk
- Make outerpackaging for the project
- Finish sketchbooks



No comments:

Post a Comment