1.2.12

Bridge Plans / Mask

I wasn't entirely happy with the images that I was using for my previous masks because they seemed out of context. I went back through the books in the library focusing purely on bridge and architectural plans and edited the photos on photoshop to get a textured aesthetic. It almost looks like the old countdown in cinemas and has a wonderful effect when combined with the vectored imagery. These are all the photos I used and the final mask composition, again keeping it simple fitting with form follows function.

I wanted fast transitions because I didn't want the content of the images to distract the viewer from the rest of the moment in the title sequence. I might explore some different shaped masks using the same expanding and decreacing technique but again need to make sure its contextually relevant.


No comments:

Post a Comment