19.10.11

Improvements

Areas that need improvement after crit feedback

Define my target audience
The specific vinyl scene that I have been looking into so far has been based around
- Electronic music
- Younger generation who may not have used vinyl
- Nightclub goers (18 - ..... )
- DJ's

So from this point onwards I will concentrate on those who listen to bass orientated music within the age group (18-25) - I think this is suitable because part of the experience of vinyl that I want to promote is experience of going to a nightclub and seeing the DJ's mix. This should give my work some more direction and hopefully allow me to specify further.

Decide on final deliverables / methods of production
I want the pack to physically represent vinyls to stay appropriate with the content. Instead of sticking to 'A' formats I will make it square to represent vinyl sleeves and experiment with the holes through the middle. Another area mentioned in my crit was thermal raised inks, I want to look into this and see how I could use it to recreate the feel of the grooves on a record.

Look into printing / laser cutting into and on vinyl. This could be for what goes in the packs but could also be a one off that provides me with visuals to put on posters and promotion. Could also think about die cutting the packaging to represent vinyl sleeves.

Be more ambitious
I need to think about different ways of researching to give me a more ambitious final design
Areas to think about - Recording sounds of vinyls and really examining the pops and cracks as well as putting the needle on the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment