25.4.11

Zine

This was supposed to be a mock up of the final design but because of my laptop screen I couldn't access the files and make the foolish mistake of not saving the files onto an external device. The final book was designed to be printed on newsprint.

The design is very basic and after looking back through the sketchbook I think some of the visual work in there is far more interesting, I have had some major time management issues through this brief and Im not pleased with the final design at all. I needed to pay far more attention to things such as tone of voice, target audience. I think many of my problems lay with the concept of a sketchbook - I find it extremely hard to make progress while working like this, I think as part of the research its an interesting visual method of working but I need to make sure I blog consistently and explore a wider range of initial ideas so I don't limit my work in the early stages of the design process.

No comments:

Post a Comment