20.2.11

Book Fairs

The Brief: "Visually and contextually exploring the letter A"
After thinking about my book and how I am going to relate it to the letter A the main areas I am thinking about at the moment are -

- Things/places/people beginning with A
- A-B - Journeys / Mapping
- History of the letter A

I think journeys could be an interesting route to take but I don't want to over complicate my ideas I want this project to remain simple and visually appealing so that the books sell.

Considerations: Consider size and scale, colours, composition, etc.
Sizes available: A3- folded down to A5, or A4- folded down to A6.
I am undecided on my format at the moment, I think it depends largely on the amount on content within the book. Also A4 will probably be easier to sell because its

Target Audience: Students, young people, creatives
Tone of Voice: Witty, playful - fits with with my target audience
Background: visually explore each idea then focus down on a specific choice.
Mandatory Requirements: Edition of 10 hot dog fold books.
Deliverables: Edition of ten hot dog fold books. A3-A5 double sided / poster on flip-side

STUDIO DEADLINE: Tuesday 8th February 2011 studio deadline.
Tuesday 1st March 2011 final deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment