8.12.12

Grid & Layout

I have been experimenting with different grids and points sizes with the grids for the cymatics book to get an idea of the best way of using each bit of information and applying a hierarchy.

Initially we planned on using tipped in pages, but decided to run with another idea which I will explain in another post. These are a few of examples that I experimented with the layout for the introduction & key pages.

This I felt is the most appropriate layout for the document, given the lack of writing through the publication and only a hierarchy of header > body text > page numbers (unless flicking through in which case they will be in the corner and easier to read).

The two column layout provides me with enough space to fit in any paragraphs of text and isn't too restricting for images.



No comments:

Post a Comment