8.2.12

DVD Cover Developments

Wasn't to keen on the last approach for the cover, wanted something cleaner with more relevance to the content of the DVD. I wanted something that had reasoning for its form and function, I was particularly interested in including some perforation with subtle connotations of connection and holding the pack together the way bridges connect people all over the globe. I looked through a few net books to get some ideas flowing and created some nets using some of my own additions / subtractions from the designs.

The physical format of the cover is finished I just need to choose an appropriate design and stock choice. The final design has one large perforated panel running all the way around the outer cover, initially this was going to be the only cover but needed somewhere for the disk to stay once it was ripped open. The large perforation that holds the cover together is supposed to connote connection as it holds the inner layer inside but I fell this may a bit of hazy connection to make.



No comments:

Post a Comment