1.3.11

Words / Phrases

Terms and slang, all taken from talking to Northern friends, need to make sure there not offensive. I think the more local terms are really interesting I will also need to think about my image poster.

Words - North
Scran - food / Mint - good / Hanging - 'angin - bad / Minging - mingin - Ugly / Pure - A lot / Scruff - stereotyped idea of an estate child - tracksuit bottoms burberry etc / Scally - /

Words - South
Munch - food / Peak - bad / Slipping - Slippin' - bad / butters - butas - ugly / Goon - rudeboy - Stereotyped tracksuit bottoms hoodies - flat caps etc / Bozzer - Bozza' - loser / Geeza - / Blad bruv / Fam - friend / Shank - knife / skeen - seen / creps - trainers / breh - boy / gash - girl /

Phrases - North
Thats sending me west - Thas sendin me wess't
Alright our kid - A'rite ar kid
Here you are - e.g. Ey-ar
I like that - A like tha'
Pecking my head - Peckin ma ed'

Phrases - South
No homo' -
Are you dizzy
Are you dumb - ar u dum
Bun that - Bun dat
Cop a munch - Get food / meal
- I think these have a pretty low tone and wouldn't really be particularly relevant for the competition entry.


Al'right ar kid
Being friendly to some one who u wood call a close friend
alright our kid what u up 2

Geez
Shortened form of geezer, the salt of the earth bloke definition...
Alright, geez?
Geeza
Is a bloke, a man or a "dude".


Cockney - Its slightly more obvious but I think typographically it might be a better route than slang.
Mouth - North & South

No comments:

Post a Comment